Supreme Court Swearing-In Ceremony & Reception
This Hispanic National Bar Association is pleased to provide an opportunity for its members to apply for admission to the Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States. This year, the ceremony will take place on Thursday, May 12, 2011 from 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM, and will include a reception with Justice Sotomayor. To be eligible for admission on May 12, you must be an active HNBA member; must have been a practicing member of the highest court of a U.S. state, commonwealth, territory or possession, or the District of Columbia for a minimum period of three years; and must be in good standing. To complete your application, you must move for admission by written motion.
How to Apply
- Fill out the Form of Intent, available here.
- Read the Instructions for Admission to the Bar.
- Complete the Bar Application for Admittance to Practice.
- Obtain a certificate from the clerk, presiding judge, or other authorized official of the highest Court of a State, Commonwealth, Territory or Possession, or the District of Columbia evidencing the fact that you have been a member in good standing of the Bar of such for at least three years. Bar certificates are not accepted.
- Email your application to Diana Sen at email@example.com and Jasmin Singh at firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject line: US Supreme Court Admission.
- With a $200 check made payable to the “Supreme Court of the United States”, submit a hard copy of all materials to:
Hispanic National Bar Association
1900 L Street NW, Suite 700
Washington, DC 20036
Completed applications in hard copy with accompanying check must be received by the HNBA National Office no later than April 15, 2011. Space for this event is limited, and reservations will be accepted on a first-come basis based on the time stamp on the email copy received by Diana Sen and Jasmin Singh.
If you have questions, please contact Diana Sen at email@example.com or (646) 320-8240.