Senior Counsel – Commercial – RAI Services Company
Title: Senior Counsel – Commercial
Company: RAI Services Company
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Relocation package available to qualifying candidates
Interested candidates should contact Angela Ulm at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Senior Counsel – Commercial is responsible for matters related to product distribution; antitrust; regulatory compliance; advertising and marketing; commercial litigation; intellectual property; commercial contracts; and other general commercial business matters.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide legal counsel about product distribution issues including general distribution and trade regulation laws and distribution laws specific to the tobacco and pharmaceutical industries.
- Provide legal counsel about federal and state antitrust laws (with special emphasis on the Robinson-Patman Act), pricing laws, fair trade laws, and other similar trade regulations.
- Provide legal counsel about marketing, advertising, and intellectual property issues.
- Provide legal counsel about relationship issues with wholesale and retail customers.
- Review regulatory proposals concerning product design, sale, distribution, and/or marketing in order to advise management regarding issues presented; prepare (or manage preparation of) submissions to regulatory/government agencies; and interact with representatives of regulatory/government agencies in connection with same.
- Provide legal counsel about laws and settlement agreements specific to the tobacco industry.
- Manage commercial litigation involving antitrust, distribution, marketing, advertising, intellectual property, master settlement agreement, or other commercial matters.
- Provide legal counsel about general commercial business transactions, acquisitions, dispositions, or joint ventures. Draft, review, analyze, and/or negotiate miscellaneous commercial contracts.
- Monitor developments in relevant legal areas to ensure companies are following best practices and complying with applicable legal requirements. Continue legal education through seminars, CLE, and ongoing reading of legal periodicals, etcetera.
- Other legal services as required or assigned.
- EDUCATION: Law degree; licensed to practice in one or more jurisdictions; and continuing legal education in selected areas required.
- KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE: Six+ years of experience, preferably at a large law firm and/or corporate law department, required. Experience in counseling on relevant business areas, particularly on distribution issues, required. Experience/knowledge related to tobacco, pharmaceutical, and/or FDA regulated industries highly desirable.
- SPECIAL SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES: Excellent written and verbal communications skills, as well as the ability to identify, research, and resolve complex legal issues, are required. An ability to interact effectively with business personnel is required. Some travel will be required.
- DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job. The Company reserves the right to change or modify job descriptions and employee job duties.