NBC Universal: Director, Business Affairs (Universal City, CA)
|Title||Director, Business Affairs|
USA – California Universal City, 91608
· Handle the day-to-day business affairs issues for current programming on air on NBC.
· Interface and coordinate with the following departments: creative, production, ad sales, legal, promotions, public relations, finance, music, distribution, marketing, network operations, affiliate relations, NBC.com and digital media.
· Negotiate script development, series/specials licensing, production, writer/producer, performer and other talent deals in connection with the development and series production of scripted programming and specials for the NBC Network and Universal Television, including third-party transactions.
· Review budgets and other financial data associated with the development and production of such programming.
· Draft short-form deal memos, reviewing agreements for accuracy of terms negotiated and coordinating the processing of invoices based on required contractual obligations of payment authorizations.
· Minimum of three to five years of experience in transaction or entertainment matters
· Juris Doctorate (JD)
· Bar Admission
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel Requirements
· Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
· Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
· Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
· Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
· Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
· Prior experience negotiating development, license, talent and production agreements for scripted and specials programming.
· Strong and effective negotiating skills and excellent drafting skills
· Detailed oriented and demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment
· Demonstrated experience and willingness to perform at a high level as a team player
· Working knowledge of the SAG, WGA and DGA basic agreements and the AFTRA Code.
· Network experience a plus
· Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work well in a fast-paced in-house environment
· Good overall business judgment and self-confidence.
· Superior organizational skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize work
· Demonstrated ability to execute and follow-through
· Demonstrated initiative; self-starter and accountable
· Demonstrated ability to assume greater responsibility as circumstances dictate
NBC Universal is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer promoting diversity in the workplace. We invite and encourage response from women, persons of color, veterans and the disabled.