National Association of Minority and Women-Owned Law Firms (NAMWOLF): Executive Director (Milwaukee, WI)
Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for promoting NAMWOLF and for its overall management and operation including management of a small team of NAMWOLF staff.
Must be enthusiastic and passionate with good organizational skills, initiative, and commitment to diversity and inclusiveness, and work closely with the Board to manage and grow the Association as well as NAMWOLF firms and in-house counsel members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as NAMWOLF’s primary representative to the business community and the community at large and function as the liaison between the Association, corporations, governmental agencies, and NAMWOLF law firm members.
- Manage the day to day operations of NAMWOLF including programs, initiatives, finances, staffing, and operations.
- Lead the creation and implementation of NAMWOLF short term and long term strategies.
- Recommend and participate in the development of plans, policies and goals to grow the Association.
- Implement decisions and directives as instructed by the Board and Executive Committee.
- Provide support and direction to the Board, including timely and accurate financial statements, agendas, minutes and other documents as required.
- Oversee the management of the finances of NAMWOLF including bookkeeping functions, budgeting and financial development.
- Oversee all marketing / public relations of the Association and increase the Association’s branding and exposure.
- Network within the community, forge successful relationships with other community organizations and cultivate and manage relationships with current and prospective members and sponsors.
- Plan, coordinate and host all Association programs and events.
- Provide support to the various volunteer committees and strengthen the effectiveness of the Association’s communications with members and sponsors.
- Advocate for increased opportunities for women and minority-owned law firms.
- Advocate for legislation, Agency rules and administrative Orders and Directives that will create and foster greater business opportunities for Minority and Woman-Owned Law Firms.
- Increase in-house counsel participation in NAMWOLF including adding new corporations as well as increasing existing participation within corporation law departments.
- Education: At least Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. A combination of managerial or law-related experience and education.
- Skills: Strong leadership, management, organizational, analytical, and written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups both internally and externally. Excellent business acumen.
- Ability to identify, analyze, and evaluate situations, issues, and opportunities important to the legal profession, NAMWOLF, member companies and governmental agencies.
- Ability to think proactively and creatively and quickly. Ability to manage and grow NAMWOLF and its resources.
Experience as an executive level manager in either a non-profit association, law firm or a related business. Experience with budgeting, fiscal planning, and strategic thinking. Experience in working with volunteers, boards, and committees. Experience in outreach and public affairs. Experience in the use of technology and social media.
Must have the ability to travel on a regular basis and must be willing to spend majority of office time in the Milwaukee location.