Lizzette Alameda Zubey
|Lewis and Roca LLP|
40 North Central Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona 85004-4429
T: (602) 262-5343
F: (602) 734-3918
izzette Alameda Zubey is an associate with Lewis and Roca and practices in the Intellectual Property and Technology Practice Group. Ms. Zubey focuses her practice on five major areas:
(1) Counseling clients in the clearance, registration, prosecution, protection and assignment of intellectual property rights;
(2) Counseling clients in identifying and responding to infringement of intellectual property rights over the Internet;
(3) Counseling clients in implementing and enforcing non-compete, non-solicitation and non-disclosure agreements to protect business interests in existing client relationships and trade secret information;
(4) Representing clients in intellectual property litigation, including claims for trademark infringement and dilution, copyright infringement, trade secret misappropriation, patent inventorship, patent ownership, unfair competition and false advertising;
(5) Seeking injunctive and declaratory relief for clients whose business interests, including proprietary interests in client accounts, confidential or trade secret information, and other business assets are injured or in jeopardy of future irreparable injury.
Before joining Lewis and Roca, Ms. Zubey worked with the ASU Civil Practice Law Clinic representing indigent clients in civil cases and administrative proceedings under faculty supervision. Ms. Zubey also interned with the Mexican Consulate General of Phoenix, assisting in political and legislative efforts toward promoting the “matricula consular” identification card and the development of Mexican water law.
While in law school, Ms. Zubey served on the ASU College of Law Executive Moot Court Board and was selected to the Order of the Barristers.
Ms. Zubey is a member, or is affiliated with American Bar Association (Franchising Forum Member), Intellectual Property Section of the State Bar of Arizona (Member) and is President of the Los Abogados Hispanic Bar Association.
Ms. Zubey is the author of “Agreements Without Borders: Court Enforces Worldwide Non-Competition Agreement,” published in the Lewis and Roca Intellectual Property Newsletter, Fall 2006. She was admitted to the U.S. District Court of Arizona in 2003. Ms. Zubey was also recognized by Univision Radio – Phoenix and the Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce as one of the 2008 40 Hispanic Leaders Under 40.