Liberty Mutual Insurance – Orange Legal – Workers’ Compensation Field Counsel CART Grade 90
COMPANY NAME: Liberty Mutual Insurance
JOB TITLE: Orange Legal – Workers’ Compensation Field Counsel – CART Grade 90
Liberty Mutual Insurance “Helping people live safer, more secure lives” since 1912, Boston-based Liberty Mutual Insurance is a diversified global insurer and third largest property and casualty insurer in the U.S. based on A.M. Best Company’s report of 2010 net written premium. Liberty Mutual also ranks 82nd on the Fortune 100 list of largest corporations in the U.S. based on 2010 revenue. As of December 31, 2010, Liberty Mutual had $112.4 billion in consolidated assets, $95.4 billion in consolidated liabilities, and $33.2 billion in annual consolidated revenue. Liberty Mutual Insurance offers a wide range of insurance products and services, including personal automobile, homeowners, workers compensation, property, commercial automobile, general liability, global specialty, group disability, reinsurance and surety. Liberty Mutual Insurance (www.libertymutual.com) employs over 45,000 people in more than 900 offices throughout the world.
To apply for this position, copy/paste the following URL into your browser:
Advance your Legal career at Liberty Mutual – A Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual has an exciting opportunity for a Workers’ Compensation attorney. As a Workers’ Compensation Field Counsel you will represent the company and its policyholders in workers’ compensation matters.
* Use Litigation Protocols to develop and revise appropriate legal strategy for discovery, investigation, handling and trial/hearing of cases or matters
* Conduct necessary and appropriate discovery, hearings, trials, depositions, oral arguments, mediations, arbitrations and similar proceedings.
* Research the law applicable to cases or matters; drafts legal documents, pleadings, motions, briefs and opinions as required. If requested, conduct settlement negotiations.
* Advise, communicate and confer with Claims Representatives and Insured Clients, rendering clear, unambiguous legal opinions and advice. Personally meet with, and maintain good relations and communications with Claims Representatives and Insured Clients as required.
* Remain current with developments in the law; understand medical, scientific, construction, products, engineering or similar issues and defenses involved with cases or matters.
* Prepare and conduct training sessions for Legal, Claims or other departments as required.
* Provide daily direction and guidance to junior attorneys.
* Understand and creatively use technology; apply technology to the process of law to improve quality and reduce cost.
* Act as a team or group leader for an assigned group within the office.
* Interface with Home Office Legal department.
* Completion of law school with LLB or JD and admission to the bar.
* Special license to practice before a particular board or federal court may be necessary.
* A minimum of 1-5 successful year experience as an attorney.
* A general knowledge of insurance law and specific understanding of the operations and requirements of insured clients, customers and the company.
* The ability to effectively communicate and persuade by written or spoken word is critical.
* Experience and ability appropriate to the level of cases or matters handled.
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
* 401K and Company paid pension plan
* Medical coverage
* Dental coverage
* Paid time-off
* Discounts on automobile and homeowner’s insurance
* Discount fitness memberships
* Flexible spending accounts
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision care coverage
* Work/Life resources
* Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
* Credit Union membership
* Employee and Dependent life insurance
* Disability insurance
* Long-term care insurance
We believe strongly that commercial success can be achieved in a manner consistent with principles and ideals that bind us together as one company, that set us apart from our competitors, and that in the end will allow us to say we have succeeded commercially by doing the right thing the right way.
We believe that the Company’s success is inextricably linked to our employees’ satisfaction and success: satisfaction that they work for an industry leader committed to improving safety, satisfaction that they work for a company that does the right thing, and satisfaction that the company will reward them for their contributions and provide opportunities for personal growth and success.
We believe our employees take pride in knowing that they help people live safer more secure lives everyday.
Responsibility. What’s your policy?
INDUSTRY: Consumer Services
CATEGORY TIER 1: Legal
CLASSIFICATION TYPE: Permanent
CLASSIFICATION TIME: Full-time
SALARY RANGE: 69600-70000
% TRAVEL INCLUDED: 25
% TELECOMMUTE: 0
–LOCATION OF JOB–
COUNTRY: United States
ZIP CODE: 92866
REQUISITION NUMBER: 30845
CONTACT NAME: Liberty Mutual Group
CONTACT EMAIL ADDRESS: firstname.lastname@example.org