JPMorgan Chase: Real Estate Attorney
The position will support the Corporate and Retail Real Estate division of the Bank with emphasis on retail branch network in Florida and Georgia. Responsibilities will include:
- Negotiating purchase and sale agreements, retail ground leases, corporate office and retail branch leases, ATM agreements, and lease amendments.
- Advising internal clients on all aspects of real estate law, including letters of intent, entitlement issues, mechanics’ liens, environmental issues, and construction contracts.
- Dealing with all issues arising from existing leases – lease interpretation, rent and CAM disputes, estoppels/SNDAs, right-of-way condemnation actions, transition to litigation counsel, etc.
- Managing outside counsel and conferring with outside counsel and internal clients on lease and related issues.
- Creating and editing real estate documents and forms.
- A licensed attorney in good standing with a minimum 6 -10 years experience representing clients in all aspects of retail and commercial real estate law.
- Significant experience representing national retail tenants and/or shopping center developers in all aspects of land acquisition, title issues, zoning and land use issues, development issues (including negotiation of REAs and operating agreements), and negotiation of complex ground leases and in-line leases for retail properties.
- Experience in a mid- to large law firm, or a large corporate in-house setting supervising outside counsel.
- Significant primary (unsupervised) experience drafting and negotiating all types of complex real estate documents. Proficiency in Word and excellent drafting skills are a must.
- Strong negotiation, analytical, problem solving and communication skills
To apply, contact Candace Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.