JPMorgan Chase: Employment Law/Litigation Position (New York, NY)
Employment Law/Litigation Position- Location: New York, NY (downtown)
As an employment lawyer in the Human Resources Practice Group of the JPMorgan Chase Legal & Compliance Department, you will be responsible for providing legal counsel to the firm on employment and related matters for day to day, project based and long term solutions; handling directly, reporting on and managing outside counsel on a caseload of employment claims at various stages of litigation through trial (and in various jurisdictions); and drafting and reviewing human resources policies and agreements and other legal documentation related to human resources and employment.
- Law degree, admission to practice in New York required;
- 6 -9 years of recent employment litigation and counseling experience in a major law firm or equivalent required;
- Track record of thriving in a fast-paced work environment;
- Demonstrated ability to react and provide on the spot, comprehensive and practical advice that meets the business needs while recognizing legal and regulatory risks;
- Ability to spot trends, raise issues and deliver proactive suggestions to business heads and human resource clients,
- Desire to proactively expand the working relationship with business and human resource clients to become a valued and recognized member of the team;
- Excellent communication skills and organizational skills tailored to the demands and desires of the client;
- Confidence to establish credibility and rapport with client relationships required;
- Ability to apply good judgment and legal background to business problems;
- Comfortable handling full range of labor and employment issues as they arise, including employee discipline, termination, severance, whistleblower, workplace investigations, policy development, post-employment restrictions, drafting and negotiating offer letters, employment agreements, FLSA, FMLA, wage and hour issues, workplace accommodations, applications, training, and the protection of intellectual property, trade secrets and confidential information desirable;
- Experience counseling on merger, sale and acquisition employment related issues;
- Ability to monitor, assimilate and condense a wide ranging and divergent case load for comprehensible reporting and application to business needs;
- Employment litigation and counseling with financial services, especially investment banking and retail financial services, is a strong plus; and
- In-house practice with employment law issues may be a plus.
JPMorgan Chase offers a competitive benefits program and compensation package.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
To apply, contact Candace Jones at email@example.com.