Nominate Your Firm for the HNBA Pro Bono Awards!
Earn your firm the recognition it deserves by nominating it for the inaugural Hispanic National Bar Association (HNBA) Pro Bono Awards. Nominations must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 13, 2012 at 11:59pm Pacific Standard Time. The awards are sponsored by the HNBA to encourage lawyers to volunteer direct legal services for low-income residents, a growing and underserved segment of our population.
The HNBA Pro Bono Awards will be presented at the HNBA’s 37th Annual Convention in Seattle, Washington from August 22nd to 25th, 2012.
Awards will be given in the following categories:
- Large Firm (101+)
- Mid-size Firm (21-100)
- Small Firm (1-20)
- Attorney in Public Sector (government, non-profit, etc.)
- Corporate Law Department (11+ attorneys)
- Corporate Law Department (10 or fewer attorneys)
- Individual (an award for overall outstanding pro bono work by an individual, whether part of a firm, corporation, or solo practice)
Attorneys and firms become eligible through a self-nominating process or may be nominated by another individual or firm. A log of the nominee’s pro bono service during the calendar year 2011 must be submitted to email@example.com by July 13, 2012 at 11:59pm PST.
Eligibility criteria include:
- The attorney or firm attorneys must be a licensed attorney and in good standing.
- The attorney must not be employed by an organization that has as its primary purpose the provision of legal services to low-income residents.
- The attorney must have provided direct pro bono legal services without any compensation for fees, expenses or otherwise.
- In reviewing award nominees, the judges will consider the number of clients directly receiving legal services, the complexity of the legal work provided, and the number of pro bono hours provided.
- The pro bono work may be performed through any recognized legal services provider.
For more information on the HNBA Pro Bono Awards, contact Ed Lanza, Chair of the Nominations Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Benny Agosto, Jr., HNBA President, at email@example.com.