First Party Property Coverage Counsel Position
First Party Property Coverage Counsel – 35109
Liberty Mutual Insurance
LOCATION OF JOB:
COUNTRY: United States
ZIP CODE: 02108
Liberty Mutual Insurance “Helping people live safer, more secure lives” since 1912, Boston-based Liberty Mutual Insurance is a diversified global insurer and third largest property and casualty insurer in the U.S. based on A.M. Best Company’s report of 2010 net written premium. Liberty Mutual also ranks 82nd on the Fortune 100 list of largest corporations in the U.S. based on 2010 revenue. As of December 31, 2010, Liberty Mutual had $112.4 billion in consolidated assets, $95.4 billion in consolidated liabilities, and $33.2 billion in annual consolidated revenue. Liberty Mutual Insurance offers a wide range of insurance products and services, including personal automobile, homeowners, workers compensation, property, commercial automobile, general liability, global specialty, group disability, reinsurance and surety. Liberty Mutual Insurance (www.libertymutual.com) employs over 45,000 people in more than 900 offices throughout the world.
Advance your Legal career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
A highly qualified in-house first party property insurance coverage attorney in our Boston headquarters who handles complex legal assignments and operates under minimal supervision. Generally has at least eight years’ experience as a practicing lawyer. Provides legal advice and carries out actions which have an impact upon the rights, privileges and responsibilities of the Company while maintaining high standards of legal and business ethics and professional responsibility.
1. Provides in-house legal advice to the Company on personal and commercial first party property insurance coverage matters which generally involve a high degree of original and creative legal endeavor, evaluation of complex or novel issues, or vigorous adverse parties.
2. Performs legal research and drafts legal coverage opinions to Claims personnel on personal and commercial first party property issues.
3. Provides legal advice and oversight on first party property litigation matters.
4. For assigned territories, keeps abreast of first party property insurance coverage case law, trends and experience and prepares summaries for dissemination of information to appropriate offices to ensure continuous compliance with, and knowledge of, applicable case law.
5. Develops and presents first party property training programs on ad hoc topics and participates in roundtable conferences to encourage the continuous improvement of claims coverage practices and development of knowledgeable and qualified Claims personnel.
6. May assign, direct and review the work of other attorneys, law clerks and paralegals.
7. Maintains current knowledge of legal issues and developments in the law.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements include excellent analytic, legal writing and communication skills, familiarity with corporate operations and SBU objectives, and demonstrated ability to interact with Company personnel as well as outside counsel and representatives of other companies and adversaries. Requires expert knowledge of personal and commercial first party property insurance coverage issues either with an insurance company or a law firm. Completion of law school with a J.D. or L.L.B. degree and admission to the bar of at least one jurisdiction in the United States required. Generally requires at least eight years’ experience as a practicing attorney.
Please submit a writing sample of a first party property insurance coverage matter.
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
* 401K and Company paid pension plan
* Medical coverage
* Dental coverage
* Paid time-off
* Discounts on automobile and homeowner’s insurance
* Discount fitness memberships
* Flexible spending accounts
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision care coverage
* Work/Life resources
* Credit Union membership
* Employee and Dependent life insurance
* Disability insurance
* Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
We believe strongly that commercial success can be achieved in a manner consistent with principles and ideals that bind us together as one company, that set us apart from our competitors, and that in the end will allow us to say we have succeeded commercially by doing the right thing the right way.
We believe that the Company’s success is inextricably linked to our employees’ satisfaction and success: satisfaction that they work for an industry leader committed to improving safety, satisfaction that they work for a company that does the right thing, and satisfaction that the company will reward them for their contributions and provide opportunities for personal growth and success.
We believe our employees take pride in knowing that they help people live safer more secure lives everyday.
Responsibility. What’s your policy?
To apply for this position, copy/paste the following URL into your browser: