Fannie Mae: Attorney II – Governance and Securities
Attorney II – Governance and Securities
Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration’s Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation’s housing recovery.
Operate with considerable latitude in consulting, advising, and representing the company on a variety of highly complex legal matters and projects related to corporate law. Provide legal counsel to management on broad issues affecting the company. Ensure that legal documents regarding board meetings and motions, mergers or acquisitions, contracts, or other corporate actions are prepared properly. Confer with executives regarding corporate initiatives, product development, or regulatory concerns to assess legal risks to the company and plan actions to control or minimize those risks.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide counsel to one or more business units by applying knowledge of corporate law in the business context in which issues arise.
- Research legal principles and precedents pertinent to issues affecting client business, and prepare memoranda reflective of such research.
- Direct outside counsel, where appropriate.
- Draft, negotiate and interpret legal documents, including complex corporate and finance transactional documents.
- Assist senior attorneys in representing the organization in complex legal disputes and transactions.
- Advise senior attorneys of changes in legislation or regulations that impact the company.
- May participate in developing company policies and procedures and education related to corporate legal matters..
- Draft templates. Write documents. May draft comment letters. May analyze legislation that impacts the company and assist the company in responding to inquiries from Congress and government agencies.
- JD Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience with Securities Exchange Act of 1934, Corporate Governance and Capital Markets transactional experience
- Experience with Corporate Governance legal issues
- Must possess the highest ethical standards and an uncompromising commitment to excellence in every respect.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to provide outstanding client service in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, and work collaboratively as well as constructively with colleagues of all levels.
- Demonstrated superior legal research, drafting, writing and organizational skills.
- Ability to engage in proactive, strategic thinking.
- Ability to exercise good judgment after thoroughly considering all relevant facts and balancing differing objectives.
- Detail-oriented and will ensure the highest standards of quality and accuracy are met.
- Ability to adapt well to change and be flexible in response to changing client needs.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines with outstanding work product.
For immediate consideration please visit our website and submit a resume at www.fanniemae.com/careers; Job #32478