Fannie Mae–Attorney Corporate III
Attorney Corporate III
Position may be located in Washington, DC or Dallas, T
Operate with considerable latitude in consulting, advising, and representing the company on a variety of highly complex legal matters and projects related to mortgage finance, policy and servicing. Provide legal counsel to management and business clients on broad issues affecting the company. Draft and negotiate documents with external and internal parties. Review regulations and statutes and provide relevant advice to clients. Identify legal risks and concerns and assist business clients with strategies to control or minimize those risks. Confer with business clients regarding their strategies and goals. Collaborate and negotiate effectively with both internal and external parties. May act as a subject area/technical expert or key advisor on significant business or product decisions with or without management responsibilities. May directly manage in-house counsel, paralegals and legal support staff.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Engage with assigned business units to meet goals and provide excellent client service.
- Provide legal advice and service by combining skill in corporate and mortgage finance law with sound business acumen and knowledge of business goals and objectives of the company or assigned business units.
- Use business and legal judgment to balance an appropriate leveled of risk against business needs. Operate within the framework of allowable corporate behavior and governance, and legal and regulatory compliance.
- Supervise and actively direct outside counsel.
- Work closely with business clients and outside counsel to ensure adherence to important corporate and regulatory polices.
- Negotiate and draft documents and templates. May analyze legislation that impacts the company and assist the company in responding to inquiries from Congress and government agencies.
- May plan, guide and/or oversee the performance of in house counsel, team members and/or legal support staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- JD required
- WashingtonDC or Texas bar required (depending on location)
- 8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Have mortgage finance experience and able to identify and negotiate, both internally and externally, on tough and possibly controversial issues.
- Demonstrate a high degree of confidence in making decisions and providing clients with advice in a fast-paced, dynamic and challenging environment.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and able to work collaboratively and constructively with colleagues of all levels and in all roles throughout the company, as well as parties outside of the company.
- Able to interpret relevant regulations and contractual provisions and have the ability to engage in proactive, strategic thinking; the determination to pursue details and ensure that the highest standards of quality and accuracy are met; and the ability to consistently meet deadlines with outstanding work production.
- Ideal candidate will have experience with mortgage servicing and policy. Person will have first hand experience reviewing, drafting and negotiating policy and transaction documents.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Please apply online at https://fanniemae.taleo.net/careersection/10000/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=35229