Counsel General – Commercial Lawyer Position
1200984: Counsel General – Commercial Lawyer
You don’t just want a job. You want an opportunity to be part of something special. A career at Spirit AeroSystems is that and more. This is where employees every day are given the chance to Dream Big and Make It Fly!
Spirit is a recognized leader in the global aerostructures market. Our customers are some of the best known aerospace manufacturers in the business. That means our employees work with exciting technologies and materials to design and build some of the world’s most popular aircraft. If you are looking for a company where you can make an impact right away, sharpen your skills, and be part of a dynamic culture, Spirit is the place for you. Teamwork is essential. Diversity is more than just a slogan. Initiative and innovation are valued. Our employees are leaders in community involvement and civic responsibility. Our company has a reputation for strengthening the communities where we live and work.
This position will report to the Associate General Counsel-Commercial, will interact with the business leaders of Spirit’s various business segments, and will work both independently and with other Law Department team members on sophisticated and challenging legal matters.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Spirit is seeking an energetic lawyer to proactively provide legal advice and support and successfully manage, in a multi-tasking environment, a wide variety of legal responsibilities, including:
• Responsibility for all legal matters of assigned business segments
• Providing day-to-day advice to business segment executives and their teams on a broad range of commercial matters, including U.S. and international transactional matters with customers and vendors, consulting agreements, NDA’s, and related contractual issues
• Assisting in the development of commercial strategies
• Negotiating, drafting and reviewing commercial documents for business segments
• Working with and leading other professionals on a diverse range of matters, including technology licensing, protection of intellectual property, regulatory compliance, litigation/disputes, real property, environmental, and human resources matters;
• Fostering strong relationships with the business and developing an understanding of business segment strategies and objectives to better serve their needs, and
• Lending support to an exciting, sophisticated, fast-paced in-house law department at a growing aerospace company.
• Law degree from an ABA accredited law school
• 5 to 7 years of commercial law experience at a reputable law firm or as in-house counsel preferred
• Ability to confidently interact with executives and business segment managers, and to analyze and translate difficult legal principles into practical business solutions
• Energetic, proactive, and decisive, and has the ability to learn quickly, work independently, and influence others while maintaining high levels of integrity and discretion
• Experience with aerospace/defense contracts is a plus, but not required
• Experience with technology/IP transactions, EAR/ITAR compliance, litigation/disputes, real estate, environmental and procurement matters is a plus
• Current active member of a State bar and have the ability to become licensed in the State of Kansas within 6 months
• Ability to manage outside counsel
• Ability to travel as needed
• Project management and client service skills