Liberty Mutual Insurance
Corporate Intellectual Property Counsel – Portsmouth – 34683
--LOCATION OF JOB--
COUNTRY: United States
STATE/PROVINCE: New Hampshire
ZIP CODE: 03804
Liberty Mutual Insurance “Helping people live safer, more secure lives” since 1912, Boston-based Liberty Mutual Insurance is a diversified global insurer and third largest property and casualty insurer in the U.S. based on A.M. Best Company’s report of 2010 net written premium. Liberty Mutual also ranks 82nd on the Fortune 100 list of largest corporations in the U.S. based on 2010 revenue. As of December 31, 2010, Liberty Mutual had $112.4 billion in consolidated assets, $95.4 billion in consolidated liabilities, and $33.2 billion in annual consolidated revenue. Liberty Mutual Insurance offers a wide range of insurance products and services, including personal automobile, homeowners, workers compensation, property, commercial automobile, general liability, global specialty, group disability, reinsurance and surety. Liberty Mutual Insurance (www.libertymutual.com) employs over 45,000 people in more than 900 offices throughout the world.
Advance your Legal career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
The Liberty Mutual Group, a Fortune 100 company, is seeking a Corporate Intellectual Property Counsel with at least 4-6 years of experience in Intellectual Property matters at our Portsmouth, NH office. The position will also require periodic domestic and international travel.
Candidates shall be responsible for providing legal advice and carrying out actions, which have an impact upon the rights, privileges and responsibilities of the Company while maintaining high standards of legal and business ethics and professional responsibility.
* Provide high quality oral and written legal advice in a cost-effective manner to internal clients.
* Recommend practical courses of action to achieve client goals within the scope of what is legally permissible.
* Perform comprehensive research and analysis of cases, statutes, regulations and other legal materials.
* Render clear and unambiguous legal opinions and advise as necessary.
* Representative duties include: drafting and reviewing legal documents.
* Anticipate and consider proactive responses to emerging legal issues and encourage practices to prevent problems from arising.
This position involves a broad array of issues with a primary focus on intellectual property matters including:
* software-licensing agreements
* information technology consulting agreements
* outsourcing agreements
* data privacy and security issues/regulations
* electronic commerce matters
* advertising/brand initiatives
* domain name disputes
* and other related intellectual property matters.
* Completion of law school with a J.D. or L.L.B. degree and admission to the bar of at least one jurisdiction in the United States required.
* Generally requires at least four years experience as a practicing attorney.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to conduct research and analysis of legal issues.
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
* 401K and Company paid pension plan
* Medical coverage
* Dental coverage
* Paid time-off
* Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
* Discount fitness memberships
* Flexible spending accounts
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision care coverage
* Work/Life resources
* Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
* Credit Union membership
* Employee and Dependent life insurance
* Disability insurance
* Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
We believe strongly that commercial success can be achieved in a manner consistent with principles and ideals that bind us together as one company, that set us apart from our competitors, and that in the end will allow us to say we have succeeded commercially by doing the right thing the right way.
We believe that the Company's success is inextricably linked to our employees' satisfaction and success: satisfaction that they work for an industry leader committed to improving safety, satisfaction that they work for a company that does the right thing, and satisfaction that the company will reward them for their contributions and provide opportunities for personal growth and success.
We believe our employees take pride in knowing that they help people live safer more secure lives everyday.
Responsibility. What's your policy?
To apply for this position, copy/paste the following URL into your browser: