Contracts Attorney – Technology – Target
Company Name: Target
Job Title: Contracts Attorney – Technology
Job State: MN
Job City: Minneapolis
JOIN US AS A CONTRACTS ATTORNEY, TECHNOLOGY
Independent and self-motivated attorney with two to five years of corporate/commercial/contract experience to serve as Corporate Counsel. This attorney will join a team of attorneys and paralegal(s) who primarily support Target’s technology, contractor/consultant management, construction, architecture and indirect procurement functions. The Corporate Counsel will provide legal advice and counsel on a wide variety of commercial/contract matters.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a , you’ll take the lead as you…
• Provide legal support in drafting, reviewing and negotiating various commercial documents, including software license agreements,-service (SaaS) agreements, hardware acquisition agreements, master services agreements, and consulting agreements.
• Draft, review and negotiate various agreements in support of the strategic priorities of the clients supported by this team.
• Provide legal advice and strategic guidance with respect to client business processes, including licensing, purchasing, sourcing, and negotiation processes.
• Develop and manage policies and procedures regarding contracts and commercial relationships, including development of appropriate form documents, best practices and coordination with key departments such as compliance, finance and risk management.
• Coordinate work with other attorneys and professionals in the Law Department in order to avoid duplication of work and provide efficient and effective service to client groups.
• Create business partner training and assist with business partner best practices development.
• Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with internal business partners and outside resources; coordinate with business partners, outside counsel, suppliers and supplier counsel.
• J.D. degree with superior academic credentials.
• U.S. Bar admission.
• Two to five years of experience as a commercial attorney in a transactional or contracts based practice.
• Demonstrated track record of outstanding achievement and accomplishment.
• Task-oriented with excellent sense of prioritization, and highly organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks and work under pressure. Must be able to manage time efficiently, able to handle conflicting time demands, and focus on task completion with little direction or need for supervisory follow-up.
• Possess strong writing, analytical, negotiating and communication skills. Show business understanding and judgment.
• Ability to develop strong relationships with internal business units as well as with management.
• Ability to analyze advanced and complex transactions and propose innovative, creative, workable solutions.
Eligible team members will receive one of the best earnings packages anywhere, including competitive pay, all-around insurance coverage, 401(k), flexible scheduling, training and development and many other perks and benefits. Target is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is a drug-free workplace.
Expect the Best. At Target, we have a vision: to become the best – the best culture and brand, the best place for growth and the company with the best reputation. We offer an inclusive, collaborative and energetic work environment that rewards those who perform. We deliver engaging, innovative and on-trend experiences for our team members and our guests. We invest in our team members’ futures by developing leaders and providing a breadth of opportunities for professional development. It takes the best to become the best, and we are committed to building a team that does the right thing for our guests, shareholders, team members and communities.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation serves guests at stores nationwide and at Target.com. Target is committed to providing a fun and convenient shopping experience with access to unique and highly differentiated products at affordable prices. Since 1946, the corporation has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs like Take Charge of Education®.
Z034445 Apply URL: http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=1569167-2902-3174