Attorney II – Technology Licensing – Defined Duration Assignment
Attorney II- Technology Licensing –Defined Duration Assignment
Operate with considerable latitude in consulting, advising, and representing the company on a variety of highly complex legal matters and projects related to corporate law.
Provide legal counsel to management on broad issues affecting the company.
Ensure that legal documents are prepared properly.
Confer with executives regarding corporate initiatives, product development, or regulatory
concerns to assess legal risks to the company and plan actions to control or minimize those risks.
Position has a defined duration of one year
Key Job Functions:
Provide legal advice and service by combining skill in corporate law with sound business acumen and knowledge of business goals and objectives of the company or assigned business units.
Engage with assigned business units to meet goals. Pursue details and achieve closure on various matters.
Provide excellent client service.
Use business and legal judgment to balance an appropriate level of risk against the business needs in a particular situation.
Operate within the framework of allowable corporate behavior and governance, and legal and regulatory compliance.
Supervise and actively direct outside counsel.
Work closely with business clients and outside counsel to ensure adherence to important corporate and regulatory policies.
Draft templates. Write documents. May draft comment letters. May analyze legislation that impacts the company and assist the company in responding to inquiries from Congress and government agencies.
Coordinate with internal departments to ensure proper tracking and accounting of legal due diligence expenses.
May plan, guide, and/or oversee the performance of legal support staff.
Education Required Preferred:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
6+ years of related experience
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- In depth knowledge of IP licensing issues
- Expertise in drafting and negotiating complex commercial and technology transactions
- Knowledge of privacy and copyright laws, as well and in-house experience a plus
- Able to provide outstanding client service in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, and work collaboratively as well as constructively with colleagues of all levels.
- Ability to engage in proactive, strategic thinking.
- Ability to exercise good judgment after thoroughly considering all relevant facts while balancing differing objectives.
- Detail-oriented and will ensure the highest standards of quality and accuracy are met.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume to https://fanniemae.taleo.net/careersection/10000/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=33452